Hey...this is a private residence, man...

I surf the web too much so here are the highlights

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

The Chicago Tribune featured this website the other day, but if you're a Chicagoland resident who rides the CTA, you gotta check out this blog. Even if you don't ride the CTA, you should check it out: www.ctatattler.com

This dude posts overheard conversations, observations of people, and humorous/memorable/ bizarre/creepy (but all true) anecdotes of his daily commute on the el trains and busses. I'm sure we all have our own stories. One time I got on the Sheridan 151 bus and not one, not two, but THREE schitzo types were talking and rocking to themselves; I thought - dude - what bus did I just get on? These guys should sit next to each other. Have a schitzo sewing-circle conversation for once. That would rule. This other time I was riding the Clark bus, and when we passed Wrigley Field, this schitzo dude points out the window and shouts "WHAT'S THE SCORE? WHAT'S THE SCORE? WHAT'S THE SCORE?... over and over". (The Cubs weren't even playing that night) Anyway, after reading the entries at www.ctatattler.com, I'm never ever going to sit in the "hobo corner" (the semi-private 2 seat area next to the conductor's box - yeah, you know what I'm talking about) on the el trains. People do, ahem, interesting things in there.

Brad, I agree with TheChief - Pabst Blue Ribbon as "Beer of the Week" for multiple weeks is just too much. Granted, it is my favorite white-trash beer, but drink it up and move on, man. That'll teach ya for buying too much PBR. I hope you've learned a valuable lesson.

Rope em and ride em,

chainsaw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home